The Vine UMC was started on February 9th, 2020 after Bolton UMC and Vine Street UMC voted to merge. We look forward to our continued witness and ministry in Alliance.
Bolton UMC was started May 31st, 1903 as Bolton Methodist Episcopal Sunday School by the Rev. B.P. White. There were 37 people in attendance and the the first collection raised $1.08. The new congregation completed the Bolton location on June 12, 1928. In 2003 there was a festive 100 year celebration of the congregation with the community and former pastors.
Vine Street UMC was started in 1819 and is the oldest congregation in the City of Alliance. Prior to moving to the Vine Street location, the congregation worshiped on Ely and Union Ave. In 2019, the congregation celebrated their 200th anniversary with a community picnic and worship.